Kentucky Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
KACTE LEADERSHIP SPRING CONFERENCE AND ANNUAL MEETING,
June 27-28, 2016
DATE: Monday, June 27, 2016(starting at Noon) and Tuesday, June 28, 9:00-3:00
PLACE: Drury Inn and Suites, Louisville, North
ADDRESS: 9597 Brownsboro Road, Louisville, KY 40241, Phone (502) 425-5500
(The Drury Inn and Suites is in what was called the Summit Shopping Center. It is where we have had meetings in the past in Louisville. The Drury Inn is next to the Hilton Gardens Hotel, where we have met in the past.)
Drury Inn and Suites, Louisville, North
Conference rates are $114 single, $124 double, $134 triple and $144 quad.
When you call for a reservation, mention the KACTE Group Rate
MEETING COST PER PERSON: $100.00
Agendas and Schedules:
Monday, June 27…. Starting Time: 12 noon…. Lunch will be provided
Sessions will include
• EPSB Updates
o Presentations by Jimmy Adams, Executive Director and Ben Boggs, Director of Educator Preparation
o KTIP Update
• ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act--Federal Education Law)…. Stephen Pruitt, Kentucky Commissioner of Education (or designee)
• The PARC Program Submission Templates… Rich Miller, Allison Bell, Ben Boggs, EPSB
• Educational Testing Service: Presentation…. Lisa Hedrick, Educational Testing Service
• KACTE Strategic Planning Activity
o The KACTE Research and Planning Committees, A Vehicle for Action… Gary Schroeder, KACTE Secretary
o Strategic Planning for the Biennium…. Carol Ryan, KACTE President
The sessions will end late afternoon, and then there will be a reception and dinner, either at the hotel or at a local restaurant
Tuesday, June 28… Starting Time: 9:00 am. ….Continental Breakfast will be provided
Sessions will include
• KCEWS (Kentucky Center for Education and Workforce Statistics) Status and Review of Teacher Education Reports… Kate Akers, KCEWS
• Session on Creating Valid and Reliable Assessments for CAEP Accreditation… Manish Sharma, Carol Ryan, Margaret Moore
• CAEPcon/ AACTE Updates…. Manish Sharma, Carol Ryan, Ann Larson
• KACTE Annual Meeting… Carol Ryan, KACTE President, presiding
• KITEP Presentation…. Status of the KACTE Employer Survey Project… Harold Peach
• Kentucky Day on the Hill, 2017… planning and discussion
Lunch will be provided
The conference will end no later than 3pm.
REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE KACTE 2016 Spring Leadership Conference and Annual Meeting
Monday, June 27 – Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Drury Inn and Suites, 9597 Brownsboro Road, Louisville, KY 40241
Cost: $100.00 per person
Email registration should be sent to:
Gary Schroeder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make checks payable to:
KACTE, c/o , Alesa Walker, KACTE Treasurer,
Teacher Education Services, College of Education
Murray State University
2101 Alexander Hall
Murray, KY 42071-3340
Name of Institution:
Name of Person Making Registrations:
Name of First Registrant (100.00)………….
Name of Second Registrant (100.00)……….
Name of Third Registrant (100.00)…………
Name of Fourth Registrant (100.00) ……….
Total Registration fee for ALL registrants....
(PLEASE PAY THIS AMOUNT)
DIRECTIONS TO THE DRURY INN AND SUITES, LOUISVILLE, NORTH
Traveling South on I-265: Take Exit 34 for KY-22/Brownsboro Rd toward Crestwood. Turn right onto Brownsboro Rd.
Traveling North on I-265 North: Take Exit 34 for KY-22/Brownsboro Rd toward Crestwood. Turn left onto Brownsboro Rd.
Traveling from Louisville International Standiford Airport: Take I-264 East to Exit 23A and merge onto I-71 N toward Cincinnati. Take Exit 9A to merge onto I-265 S/KY-841 S/Gene Snyder Fwy. Take Exit 34 for KY-22/Brownsboro Rd toward Crestwood. Turn right onto Brownsboro Rd.
© 2017 Manish Sharma | Contact Me